- Keen on doing events, but limited in terms of budget?
- Willing to help out at events, but keen to get some reward in return?
If you answered ‘yes’ to the above, RunBuys is for you! By helping out at our events, you earn RunBuys, which can be traded in for discount on our event entries. We have created RunBuys as a means of rewarding the invaluable support we receive from our wonderful event volunteers, without whom we will not be able to continue offering community-focused events that are affordable and inclusive.
Here’s how it works:
- For every half hour of volunteering at one of our events, you earn 1 RunBuys point.
- A RunBuys point is worth 2kms in any of our events.
- Once you’ve earned enough RunBuys you can use them to get a discount into one of our events. Some examples:
- 6 hours of volunteering earns you 12 RunBuys, which is “worth” 24kms, and can thus effectively earn you free entry into the North Range Traverse 25km event.
- 2.5 hours of volunteering earns you 5 RunBuys, equating to 10kms, which gives you free entry into any of our 10km night runs in the Manawatu Moonlight Madness series.
- You can accumulate RunBuys until you have enough for free entry, or use any RunBuys you have as partial payment/discount for an event.
If you’re interested in signing up to our RunBuys initiative, please get in contact via the Contact page, or email us at email@example.com.
RunBuys currently apply to Yondering events only, but we are working towards getting some other events on board as part of this initiative in future.
Current RunBuys earnings:
|Volunteer name||Hours volunteered||RunBuys Points||Kilometres earned||Kilometres cashed||Balance|
|Jags, Omar Marie||3||6||12||0||12|